Coupon Database

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Free Passport Photos and Don't Do What I Did

Recently I had my second passport photo taken.  I again paid $12 for this photo.  Travel and passports are expensive enough without the added expense of having to pay for a photo...more than once.  Now, I didn't have to pay that much for the 1st photo but to me, at the time, it was worth having it done at the Sheriff's office that way I knew it was done correctly and well...done.  What I didn't count on was how busy the Sherriff's office would be and that the 2" x 2" digital screen would be 2 feet above my head.  After the second take I figured it would have to be good enough because after all, if I really wanted a decent pic it would have to be re-taken several times. Once it was printed and I could hold it in my hands I realized there was no way I could use this pic let alone ever show it to another human being.  I was advised that I could bring it back later and say that the prothonotary did not except it.  This would require that I hand this horrific exhibit back in and I couldn't bring myself to it! 



I had reservations about going to the pharmacy to have it done because they are always busy but I read they do a good job.  So we had a doctor appointment recently during a snowstorm.  I figured that would be a good time,  not many shoppers out and I might have an employee all to myself for a few minutes.  The picture was acceptable.

 
Looking back, I should have just done it myself and there is actually a site that will help you get it right while looking your best.  At epassportphoto.com you can upload your favorite pic taken according to the official guidelines, ensure it's compliant and print right at home for free!  For as little as $1.50 your photo can be professionally validated and mailed to your home or get same day drugstore pick up.
 
 
 
 

No comments: