Coupon Database

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is It Worth It?

When I tell people I got this for free or I'm going here to get this weeks deals, I often get the impression that they think "is it really worth all the running around"?

Yesterday I got a Single Check Rebate from Rite-Aid for $63.91 for the month of May. Since August I have not paid for toothpaste, toothbrushes, deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, razors, contact lense solution or band-aids and I have gotten a bunch of other useful things for free.

Uh-yeah, I think it's worth it.

As for the "running around" part. There are times that, if I am in the area, I will run into a store, not find what I am looking for and leave empty handed. That can be frustrating but I look at it as much needed excerise so it's all good.

2 comments:

Erin Gifford said...

I usually plan out my visits -- you gotta have a strategy when you walk into CVS! And a back-up strategy too when some items are out of stock. It is totally worth it though. My husband rolls his eyes sometimes when I say "I just got back from CVS and I'm going to tell you everything I bought and you have to guess how much I paid." But I still think it's fun, and I love the savings so much! Best of luck with your new blog! I'm new too -- only started maybe 6 weeks ago, but it's so much fun. I added you to my RSS. Looking forward to your updates. :)

Free Is Fun said...

Erin,
I agree, you totally have to have a plan and at least 1 backup plan. I usually have everything lined up on the counter to show my husband-free, free, free, free, free and free! That's so funny you do that too!