Coupon Database

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Greek Tuna Salad Pasta



I took Mindi's challenge and made this pasta salad. It was pretty good. You can get the recipe from this link at "Moms Need To Know" Greek Tuna Salad Pasta - and a challenge!


This was my cost:
1 pound penne rigate pasta $1
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar $.27*
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil $.57*
2 plum tomatoes, chopped Free (from the garden)
1/2 cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped Free (from the garden)
¼ red onion, finely chopped $.12
¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped $1.20 (used plain stuffed green olives)
¼ cup finely chopped parsley (used basil from the garden instead)
Salt and pepper
One 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks $.42
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese $.26



I made this for about $3. *I didn't know what these items cost me so I used the original numbers below.



Here are the original numbers, courtesy of Rachael Ray Magazine:
Pasta: $1.25
Red Wine Vinegar: $.27
Olive Oil: $.59
Tomatoes: $.96
Cucumber: $.50
Red Onion: $.30
Kalamata olives: $1.20
Parsley: $.33
Tuna: $1.80
Feta: $.96
Total: $8.16 or $2.04/serving
Let me know how cheaply YOU can make this!
(for more recipes, please visit http://www.rachaelraymag.com/; photography by Kana Okada)

No comments: