Coupon Database

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Freebies and Deals, A Rant and Tomatoes


Here's how I did this week.

Freebies in the mail:
Roll of toilet paper
Pack of Stride Gum
Coupon for free box of Cheerios

CVS Freebies
Dawn Dish Soap
Colgate Toothpaste

Rite-Aid Freebies
Pantene Conditioner $4.99 ($2 off coupon from 8/31)
Pantene Hair Spray $3.50 (free with Pantene Conditioner-coupon from 8/31 insert)
Crest Toothpaste $2.49 ($1 off leaves $.25 overage)
Rite-Aid Deals
The following, along with the Pantene Products and Crest above will go toward September SCR #75
1 Tampax Pearls $6.99 (use $1 off coupon)
3 Crest Pro-Health Rinse at $4.99ea. (SCR #602-$10 back on 3) I used $1 off coupon for one of these.

Warning-Rant Ahead-I also had a coupon for $2 off 2 Crest toothpaste products from a Giant mailing. It was a manufacture coupon and I thought I might have to argue that, while these rinses are not "Crest toothpastes" they are "Crest toothpaste products". Crest has always been a toothpaste so the rinses should be a Crest toothpaste product. Am I right? Anyway, I didn't get that far because the cashier said they can't accept it because it was for Giant. I pointed out that it was a manufacture coupon but no go. Rite-Aid has also denied my internet coupons (though I still try since some cashiers forget, don't know, whatever). Other stores don't have a problem with these coupons, so why Rite-Aid? My guess would be that they just don't get how to properly submit coupons in the first place and it has nothing to do with the internet or the fact that the MQ happens to have another store name on it. End Rant.

These items get me to $32.94 and a $10 gift card for offer #75.
And the grand total for those items is $.29 overage. Not bad. I think I'm getting the hang of this. Thank you frugalsuz. Her post was a huge help for getting these things my family needs for free!

Also shown are a Glade plug-in I got free at Walmart after a coupon for $4/off and a coupon for a free Crest toothpaste product.


In the background are tomatoes my husband and I canned last night. For the time and effort involved I wondered if it was worth it. Well, we'll have the satisfaction of eating our own 100% organic tomatoes for a little while longer and the time spent together didn't kill us. When I asked DH to help me with this task, he said, he works all day and was so hoping to come home to full jars lined up on the counter. I must have said "I can't believe you expected me to do this all by myself" about 20 during the whole process.

No comments: