Coupon Database

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mileage

I have been wanting to write about my mileage here and see what I can do to improve it and keep tabs on what I've done to make it worse so I can avoid it next time. I have figured that for the period of 08/22 to 09/04, I have gotten a whopping 27.66 MPG. Not too shabby, but I think I can do better. Now that I'm on track, here are a list of things I know I can do to make my mileage better or at least not make it worse:

I will check that my tires aren't low every time I drive the car.

I'm sure it could use a new air filter, after 160,000 miles, I'm not sure I ever changed this, oops.

I'll do the speed limit and coast when I can. This is a bonus because I will save my brakes too. No jack-rabbit starts either.

This tank was Hess gas. I wonder how it compares to Sunoco, Giant or Sheetz? I'll let you know.

I know there are other thing I can do but can't think of them right now. Do you know of anything I can try?

No comments: