Coupon Database

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shoot, I Goofed Again

Update: I received my rebate check and fast too! Only 10 days.

I have been keeping and posting a Free After Rebate list which I thought would come in handy for anyone looking to see many rebate offers in one spot. I try to keep these to simple "try me free" offers. There are alot of "money back gaurentee" rebates out there which means if you are not satified with the products you may get a refund. I won't generally list these rebates because I don't plan on buying something I wouldn't normally buy hoping I won't like it so I can get my money back.

The reason for this post is to bring to your attention that the Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Rebate Form that I listed is a money back if not satisfied offer and I would not feel right about sending for the rebate if there was truly nothing wrong with the product.

I am going to send for the rebate however because I am dissatisfied with the fact that I went through the trouble of printing the form and buying a product I wouldn't normally have bought only to fill out the form and realize this is not a try me free offer which is the impression I got.

This is how I am filling out the form:
Reason I am dissatified: Other: Please Explain
"Rebate form doesn't state clearly, at the top of the form, that this is a money back gaurentee. I thought it was a try me free rebate which is the impression the form initially gives. I would have used my coupon on a less expensive product if this rebate was clearer."

Well it's worth a try. I seriously would have used the coupon on a different type and paid no more than $.12 for the cake. If I don't receive the rebate I will consider returning it (big pain) on principal. Any thoughts?

Now that won't work either. I can't return it to the store with the UPC cut out. Ok, if you've found yourself in this situation, wait 8 weeks to see if I get a refund. If not, return yours to the store. The rebate is good till Jan. I will keep you posted.

No comments: